While not exactly a classic holiday drink, this ginger martini ticks all the right boxes when it comes to perfect seasonal sips. Infused with the sweet spiciness of ginger and the tangy brightness of orange, it's an undeniably festive cocktail. And it's also quite versatile, which comes in handy for keeping the table vibrant during the holiday season. Featuring a lively, yet balanced, flavor profile that is simultaneously sweet, spicy, and delightfully smooth, the ginger martini pairs splendidly with all sorts of cuisine. I especially enjoy serving it with Moroccan, Thai, and Vietnamese inspired menus. It is also excellent sipped alongside some takeout of the fancy ramen variety.
Ingredients for the Ginger Martini
- ginger liqueur
- orange liqueur
- blanc vermouth
- fresh lime juice
See recipe card for quantities.
Instructions for the Ginger Martini
Pour the vodka into a cocktail shaker.
Then add the ginger liqueur.
Next add the orange liqueur.
Then pour in the blanc vermouth.
Finally, add the fresh lime juice.
Toss in some ice, shake vigorously, and then pour into a martini or coupe glass.
Garnish with a thin slice of lime and serve immediately.
Hint: A delicate curl of crystallized ginger would also make a lovely garnish for this ginger martini.
Looking for more delightful drink recipes? Try these:
- cocktail shaker
- 1½ ounces vodka
- 1 ounce ginger liqueur (such as Domaine de Canton)
- ½ ounce orange liqueur (either Cointreau or Grand Mariner)
- ½ ounce blanc vermouth
- ½ ounce fresh lime juice
- Add the vodka, ginger liqueur, orange liqueur, blanc vermouth, and fresh lime juice to a cocktail shaker.
- Toss in some ice and shake vigorously.
- Pour into your favorite martini or coupe glass and garnish with a thin slice of lime. Serve immediately.